Psychiatry at Conquest Hospital
CT1-3 Post to Dr Radhae Shyam
Sussex Partnership was established as an NHS Foundation Trust with teaching status in August 2008. It is part of the NHS and is regulated by Monitor, the independent regulator of NHS Foundation Trusts.
We provide mental health, learning disability and substance misuse services for people of all ages and to meet their choices and needs.
We support people close to home. In Sussex, our services are based around Brighton and Hove; Eastbourne and Wealden; Hastings and Rother; Adur, Arun and Worthing; Chichester and Littlehampton; and Northern West Sussex (Crawley, Horsham and Mid-Sussex). In Sussex we provide prison healthcare services at HMP Lewes. In Hampshire and Kent we provide mental health services for children and young people. In Kent and South London we provide substance misuse services.
We aim to provide high quality care for everyone which will help you to recover and maintain your mental health and wellbeing. Our services include:
- Services based in and alongside GP practices, providing counselling, ‘talking therapies’ and support to people with mild levels of mental health need. These include our Access Services and Primary Mental Health Care and Wellbeing Services including Health in Mind inEast Sussex
- Adult community mental health services, for people who need specialist support and treatment
- Specialist services including Early Intervention in Psychosis, adult eating disorders, personality disorders and post-natal depression
- Recovery services for people with long-term conditions
- Community and inpatient services for children and young people, including work with schools, and specialist help with conditions such as eating disorders
- Services for people with conditions related to age, such as dementia. These services include memory clinics, crisis teams, inpatient care and support to people in nursing and residential homes.
- Specialist services for people with learning disabilities, including help with independent living and inpatient facilities
- Substance misuse services including community teams and an inpatient detoxification service.
- Crisis teams and inpatient services for people with the most urgent or complex needs
- Secure and forensic mental health community and inpatient services.
Specialty: General Adult/Liaison Psychiatry
Location within programme:
Conquest Hospital, 729 The Ridge, St. Leonards on Sea, East Sussex, TN37 7RD (Liaison Psychiatry) Tel 01424 755255
Bexhill Health Centre, Hollier’s Hill, Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex TN40 2DZ (Community out patients). Tel 01424 735608
Type of work
This post gives the opportunity for the holder to gain exposure to acute general adult psychiatry both in the community, Liaison psychiatry and Perinatal psychiatry.
General adult Community out patient clinic & inpatient Liaison
Name of the position and work needing to be done: Core training
Job Description attached at the bottom of this page
Anticipated duration of programme: Two placements for six months each
Commencement date: August
Standard rotation details: 6 months
Currently 1 in 6, 3 tiered rota with support from middle grade and Consultant. This is currently under review
Educational Supervisor: Dr D Radhae Shyam
Clinical Lead: Dr D Radhae Shyam & Dr N Gkampranis
Outcome of training programme i.e. core competencies: Necessary competencies gained towards membership exams (MRCPsych) using the ARCP process
Basic pay referring to national salary scales:
Travel and relocation expenses policy: